These very important services are managed by Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Punjab. In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969) to register every birth/stillbirth/death with the concerned State Government within 21 days of its occurrence . The Government accordingly has provided a well-defined system for registration.
Birth registration is a permanent and official record of a child’s existence. The child who is not registered at birth is in danger of being denied the right to an official identity, a recognized name and a nationality. It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of one’s birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools, to avail Government Service, obtaining Government issued identity etc.
Death certificate is required to establish the fact of death legally, for relieving the deceased from social, legal and official obligations . It is also used to enable settlement of property inheritance, and to authorize the family to collect insurance and other benefits. The application form to apply for a birth or death certificate is available with the area’s local body authorities and the Registrar who maintains the Register of Deaths. Now user can apply online for the same through our website: http://punjab.gov.in.
- For a new born baby birth certificate is mandatory and very important for his/her future. The applicant will have to provide the proof of address of the parent which will be considered as the address for the child along with the document provided by the doctor/institution at the time of birth.
- If the applicant is applying for birth certificate for himself/herself then he /she have to submit the address proof along with one ID proof.
- If the applicant is applying for death certificate the he /she required:
- proof of birth of the deceased
- An affidavit specifying the date and time of death
- The required fee in the form of court fee stamps
- A copy of the ration card
- The person who is applying for a death certificate is required to provide the evidence of relationship with the deceased, complete address and proof of nationality
The applicant can get complete detailed information in the link given below. For the betterment of the Government’s work, one should register every birth/death that happens in the family. Make it a priority to get the registration done for each case.
To apply for Issuance of Birth Certificate (Rural Areas), Click Here
To apply for Issuance of Birth Certificate (Urban Areas), Click Here
To apply for Issuance of Death Certificate (Rural Areas), Click Here
To apply for Issuance of Death Certificate (Urban Areas), Click Here
To apply for Addition of Name of Child in Birth Certificate, Click Here
To apply for Late Entry of Name in Birth Certificate, Click Here
To apply for Late Entry of Name in Death Certificate, Click Here
To apply for Correction in Birth Certificate, Click Here
To apply for Correction in Death Certificate, Click Here